When considering insemination at home, it’s natural to have some questions. Many people want to confirm if at-home insemination with the Mosie Kit is right for them, and the best way to do this is to check in with your medical provider, often this may be your ObGyn. Your ObGyn will know more specifics about your medical history, your cycles, and your desired timeline for conception.
Here are six tips on how to talk to your doctor about doing at-home insemination with the Mosie Kit.
- Know that you are not alone. At-Home insemination, also known as ICI, is one of the oldest andmost common insemination options available. If you’re hoping to try at-home insemination on your journey, know that many families throughout history have tried it and found success!
- Make a list of questions ahead of time. We recommend asking questions such as:
- How do I track my cycles to make sure I inseminate at the right time?
- Is at-home insemination an option that could work for me?
- Can I use Clomid and the Mosie Kit at the same time?
- Share your "why." Sharing why you would like to try at-home insemination with the Mosie Kit can help your doctor understand your ideal path to parenthood.There are many reasons why someone may choose at-home insemination, including keeping conception at home, saving money, and trying everything they can before moving on to more invasive procedures. Oftentimes it can simply be a stress or performance-related issue, and your doctor may not know this is a concern for you unless you tell them
- Bring information for them. Many doctors are still learning about the Mosie Kit, and because of that, you’ll likely need to share more information with them. Your doctor will be familiar with the method of at-home insemination, which was originally done with medicine syringes and turkey basters - both designed for other purposes and not nearly as effective as Mosie.
- Be prepared with knowledge about Mosie, such as:
- Mosie is the first syringe designed with insight from a fertility specialist specifically for at-home insemination. It is safe, comfortable, and easy-to-use, and was clinically proven as effective as timed intercourse and IUI.
- Mosie has helped thousands of families on their path to parenthood, including many with fertility issues, and many who were facing procedures like IUI. Mosie Baby’s founders struggled with unexplained infertility and wanted to create a product that would help others in their situation.
- Don’t be afraid to give them more tangible information. We’ve prepared some additional resources to help you share with your doctor:
- Share our Provider Informational Page link with your doctor.
- Print this informational sheet and bring it with you to your appointment
- Fill out this form and we will mail your doctor an informational package at your request.
- Let your doctor know Mosie is happy to help - they can reach out to us at any time to learn more.
- Bring a notepad and pen. Take notes so that if you’re uncertain during the visit, and not feeling empowered to voice your concerns, you can refer back to your notes for a follow up call or visit.
- Be an advocate for yourself. Don’t let fear of judgement prevent you from advocating for yourself. While there are many, many supportive doctors out there, we know that some doctors do not feel comfortable with their patients doing insemination at home. If your doctor is pushing you toward options or procedures you are not comfortable with ,or cannot afford, it’s ok to ask for a second opinion. While Mosie is not an option for everyone, if you are ovulating on your own and it is safe for you to become pregnant, do your research and do what is right for you. Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself!
Follow up with your doctor if you have success.
Doctors are always looking to learn new ways to help their patients. By sharing your success story with your doctor, you may be able to help someone else in your situation!
What do I tell my doctor if I’ve had success with Mosie?
- Simply share the news with them! Your doctor will be so thrilled to hear your good news, and sharing your path to pregnancy can help them find suggestions for others in your situation.
- Send your doctor this link to our Providers Informational Page so they can learn more about the Mosie Kit.
- Fill out this form and we’ll send them an information package about Mosie.
Want us to reach out on your behalf?
Click the button below, fill out the form, and we’ll send your doctor an informational package. Your name will not be shared, and they will receive the information anonymously on behalf of one of their patients.
Wherever your journey may lead, we’re here for you.If you have any questions or concerns, please feel welcome to reach out. We are truly wishing you the best on your journey!